The first day of summer is just around the corner, and with every day that heats up and the sun stays out longer, I grow more and more excited for everything the season holds. There’s already plenty going on this summer between my upcoming birthday celebrations and my sister’s wedding, but I’ve managed to find a few more things I want to make time for. Most of them are things I have been wanting to do for a while, and I’m dedicating this as the season to check a couple of bullet points off my bucket list. Here’s what’s made it onto my to-do list for this summer.
1. Make my way through a long list of books – both fun and factual.
2. Swim in a natural mountain pool (preferably at the base of a waterfall).
3. Learn basic calligraphy and write more handwritten notes.
4. Brush up on my French skills that are long gone since college.
5. Make picnicking a regular activity.
6. Find a somewhat local flower mart – and begin a new ‘Flower Friday’ tradition where I keep my house filled with fresh blooms.
7. Make plans for a trip in the (hopefully not to distant) future.
8. Have a croquet match with friends and family.
9. See the ocean and feel sand between my toes at least once.
10. Host a pizza party and experiment with hand-making all different types of pizza.